The Heritage Chorale, an 80-90 voice auditioned community chorus, now in the midst of its 82nd season, is seeking a pianist to serve as Accompanist and Associate Conductor, to begin in January 2019.
The Heritage Chorale rehearses each Tuesday evening from the beginning of September through mid-May; rehearsals take place in Scott Hall at the First Parish Church of Framingham located at 24 Vernon Street, Framingham MA, from 7:30-10:00 PM.
A reliable car is essential – public transportation is not available, and car-pooling is unlikely to be available.
The Heritage Chorale presents two to three major concerts per season; typically, we have a concert in November the weekend before Thanksgiving, a concert in February, and/or a concert in mid-May. The repertoire performed by the Heritage Chorale has included major works by Handel, Mozart, Haydn, Mendelssohn, Brahms, Dvorak, and Orff, as well as music by 20th and 21st-century composers (including Daniel Pinkham, Eric Whitacre, Morten Lauridsen, and Carol Barnett). Most seasons of the Heritage Chorale include one concert of lighter musical fare – a Pops-style program – often designed around themes and with popular pieces from opera, movies, and musical theater.
More information about the Heritage Chorale can be found on our website: heritagechorale.org
- Excellent sight-reading skills.
- Ability to read open score.
- Ability to play any combination of vocal parts.
- Experience playing for a conductor; ability to follow the verbal instructions of the Music Director.
- Ability to conduct sectional rehearsals, leading from the keyboard, at the request of the Music Director (such requests will always be placed well in advance).
- General team spirit.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in music (a concentration in Collaborative Piano is desirable).
- At least one year of choral accompanying.
- Ability to play the organ is desirable, but not required.
- Serving as the primary artistic support staff to the Music Director in all rehearsals, concerts, and scheduled appearances during the season.
- Attending and assisting the Music Director with the musical preparation of the chorus at all rehearsals and concerts.
- Directing vocal warm-ups, if requested to do so by the Music Director.
- Conducting sectional rehearsals as needed, at the request of the Music Director.
- Attending all Heritage Chorale events as needed and assisting the Music Director in performance of his/her responsibilities.
- Serving as a liaison with guest artists and assisting with guest soloist rehearsals as needed.
- Other duties as directed by the Music Director
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and contact information (including email and phone) for two references, and a brief statement of interest to John Finney at email@example.com by November 20, 2018. Please be sure that your resume includes details of your experience as a choral accompanist. Please do not send other materials at this time. Programs and audio samples may be requested later.
About this Organization:
Originally named the Framingham Choral Society, the Chorale was founded in the fall of 1937 by a small group of singers in Framingham. Ever since, except for a brief time during World War II, the Chorale has rehearsed and performed in Framingham and nearby communities. Though much has changed over the past 81 years, our resolve to share music of the highest quality with each other and our communities hasn’t wavered.