The South Shore Children’s Chorus (SSCC) is seeking a highly-qualified, dedicated, and passionate new team member as the Director for the Sharon Training Choir (singers in Kindergarten – 3rd grade.) SSCC is a community-based choral program made up of singers representing 13 different local cities and towns. SSCC was founded in 2016 in order to provide musical education and vocal training to students living in the South Shore communities and beyond. SSCC keeps the development and well-being of our students as our top priority, and aims to create a safe space and loving community for choristers to learn, to grow, and to find their own voice.
This part-time position involves one weeknight rehearsal for our new Sharon Training Choir on Tuesday evenings from 5:00pm-6:00pm. The SSCC calendar begins in September and runs through the end of June. The Sharon Training Choir Director will also be responsible for attending and co-conducting one “All Together” rehearsal per month with our Quincy TC Director on a Sunday afternoon, combining singers from each site. The Sharon Training Choir Director will be in attendance at all major Dress Rehearsals and Concerts. SSCC regularly produces an annual Winter Concert in January and Spring Concert in May/June, and occasionally participates in additional small performances throughout the year.
- 3-5 years relevant teaching experience
- Knowledge of/experience with Kodaly Method and Curwen hand signs
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children ages 5-8
- Engaging, exciting teaching methods that inspire confident singers and young people
- Knowledge and understanding of healthy and appropriate repertoire for the developing singer
- Reliable transportation
The ideal candidate has the following qualities:
- A passion for growth in community music education in the South Shore of Massachusetts
- A dedicated team player to join a tight-knit and passionate, but small, staff
- A teacher who can foster a community within their ensemble, where social aspects bring students back week-to-week
- Interest in helping a new organization grow and flourish by dedicating wholeheartedly and long-term to the organization
- Understanding of children’s voices and healthy literature
- Committed to working in tandem with our Quincy TC Director
Apply by May 20th, 2018
Interested Applicants should e-mail a current resume and cover letter to Founding Director Kirsten Oberoi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact information for three references. Finalists may be asked to teach a sample lesson to our current Quincy Training Choir in early June 2018.
The South Shore Children’s Chorus does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
posted May 7, 2018