The Chamber Singers of Keene is currently accepting applications for a Music Director, beginning in August 2018. Founded in 1994, the group is dedicated to bringing choral chamber music in all its forms to audiences in the Monadnock region. Not limited to music of any single period, the Chamber Singers present a variety of styles and periods of music, both a capella and with appropriate instrumental accompaniment.
Chamber Singers of Keene presently has 23-25 members with diverse musical experience, from formal music education to music skills gained through participation in a variety of choral expressions. Currently, CSK’s season includes 2 major concerts a year and participation in various community events. Chamber Singers of Keene rehearsals are on Tuesday evenings from 7-9 p.m. during the concert season. CSK is governed by the elected officers.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Chester Bowles, email@example.com. Applications close April 2, 2018.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MUSIC DIRECTOR
The Music Director shall be responsible for all musical activities of Chamber Singers of Keene and such other duties as may be assigned by the Officers from time to time.
Officers of Chamber Singers of Keene.
Stipend for part-time contracted services – determined by number of rehearsals/concerts/community events.
- Formal music education.
- Broad and thorough background in Chamber music and conducting.
- Minimum 5 years of voice and choral conducting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to teach and create a positive, fun learning experience.
- Flexibility to work as a collaborative member of a non-profit, volunteer organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Select Music to be performed, and lead the musical programming of CSK. This may require collaboration with Officers and may be impacted by financial considerations.
- Prepare concert programs and present to Officers for approval.
- Order, purchase, rent, and borrow music for concert programs as needed.
- Determine instrumentation, accompaniment and soloist needs for performances.
- Hire instrumentalists and soloists.
- Rehearse Chamber Singers of Keene a minimum of once a week (generally) during the concert season.
- Additional rehearsals to be scheduled as needed – joint agreement with Officers.
- Keyboard skill desired for rehearsal.
- Research and recommend performance venues.
posted March 21, 2018