Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for boys and girls, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8 with an enrollment of 280 and growing. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” To realize our mission, employees at Nashoba Brooks model continuous learning, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks a part-time (20-hours) maternity leave Music Teacher for the period from approximately May 1 – June 11, 2019 with the possibility of contract renewal for September through November 2019. Candidates for this position will demonstrate a passion for teaching middle school students, as well as a deep understanding of the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of Grades 4-8 girls. The successful candidate will possess the desire to work in a dynamic, student-centered school committed to continuous learning and excellence in 21st century education.
- Teaching general music classes and chorus for students in Grades 4-8.
- Working closely with colleagues to support the academic, social, and emotional development of students.
- Working closely with colleagues to support and guide students in preparation for end-of-year school events such as graduation and Closing Day.
- Working closely with teaching team members, the learning specialist, and the School counselor to identify and address student learning needs.
- Modeling excellent problem solving and project management skills and a commitment to viewing challenges as problems that can be solved rather than obstacles that cannot be overcome.
- Support effective communication and collaboration with colleagues and parents.
- Strong knowledge of music pedagogy and instruction.
- Strong vocal pedagogy skills with an understanding of girls’ voices in Grades 4-8.
- Strong choral conducting skills and ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues.
- Effective classroom management performance preparation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to and comfort with advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Regina Nixon, Assistant Head of Middle School