Unitarian Universalist congregation with appreciation for a wide variety of music seeks performing music director for Sunday worship services. Services are held from the Sunday after Labor Day in September through the third week of June at 10:30 a.m. and include a Christmas Eve service. The choir consists of about 15 members with varying levels of musical background.
- Plan and select appropriate piano and choral music; perform hymns as selected by minister/worship committee
- Direct small, enthusiastic choir and conduct regular rehearsals at 9:30 on Sunday mornings
- Work with the minister and worship committee to coordinate music with the theme of the service
- Plan occasional vocal or instrumental solo performances by congregation members or guests
Music is a vital part of our weekly service. Our Music Director is our music specialist who leads and inspires us to sing and enjoy all kinds of music. Here are some questions that will help you decide if you might be a good fit.
- Are you comfortable “on your feet” leading group singing?
- Are you happy prepping a choir in one hour before the service?
- Are your piano skills strong in varied styles?
- Are you an organized person that can have materials ready for the choir?
- Are you a good communicator, able to inform the Minister and Publicist about weekly music?
Salary: $9,240 for 3 hours on Sunday and flexible hours weekly to fulfill other related duties for the 41 weeks of the congregational year.
If you would like to be considered for an interview/audition please forward your materials by July 25, 2018 to: or Music Director Search, Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 6 Locke St., Andover, MA 01810.
In your cover letter please include your philosophy of music in one sentence.
posted June 21, 2018