Historic Old Ship Unitarian Universalist Church (First Parish) in Hingham, MA is seeking a Soprano Soloist, beginning September 2017.
The Choir at Old Ship consists of approximately 12–16 amateur singers supported by a quartet of professional soloists. The diverse repertoire of the Choir includes Medieval chant, Renaissance motets, English anthems, spirituals, arrangements of popular music, and contemporary choral works. Soloists at Old Ship Church sing with the choir at three Sunday morning services per month from September through June, plus an additional evening service or rehearsal each month.
The primary duties of the Soloist includes the following:
- Attend three Sunday morning services per month, as determined by the Music Director, including a 9:15 a.m. rehearsal for the 10:25 a.m. service.
- Attend approximately one additional evening rehearsal or service per month
- Sing with the choir at services and rehearsals.
- Sing solos at services when requested, including a brief rehearsal with the Music Director.
- Learn the music in advance of rehearsals and service in order to provide effective vocal support for the amateur singers in the choir.
- Provide advance notification of any absences to the Music Director and assist the Music Director in finding a suitable replacement.
The Soloist is paid $65 per call. There are two special services per year for which the Soloist is paid $100: an evening service on Dec 24 (Christmas Eve) and a morning service on Mother’s Day (in May).
Interested parties should send a CV to Christopher Hossfeld, Director of Music, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be accepted until the position is filled.