The Concord Conservatory of Music seeks a qualified Youth Chorus Conductor to lead the Concord Youth Chorus Project, two chorus programs at CCM, with the expectation that the instructor will continue to build and maintain the program. CCM strives to create a rich and valuable experience for the elementary and middle school community. Participating students for the two choruses are from grades 3 – 8. Students are auditioned for ability to sing on pitch and placement purposes.
Position Description: The Chorus Director will help in all aspects of the musical process, including but not limited to: arranging, teaching, and assisting in any performance or musical need. The candidate will have strong leadership skills and bring an enthusiasm and determination to continue to grow this exemplary chorus program and make it a fulfilling experience for participants and their families. They will be responsible to attend all practices including dress rehearsals and performances. The ideal candidate will embody the entrepreneurial spirit of this music school.
- Teaching weekly one – hour rehearsals for each chorus on Monday afternoons, September – May.
- Selection of repertoire for two concerts annually, and additional community performances as the opportunity arises.
- Auditions all new students.
- Helps recruit new students into the program.
- Keeps track of student attendance and corresponds will parents on a regular basis.
- Qualified candidates will have a strong teaching and performance background. Choral conducting experience is required.
- A minimum of five years teaching experience at the music school level, with a demonstrated background in teaching vocal and choral performance methods to elementary and middle school age participants.
- Knowledge of choral repertoire appropriate for these two age groups. Music can be drawn from folk, contemporary, and world music.
- MM, or equivalent educational credentials required.
Competitive hourly pay rate. Starting date: is January 23rd, 2017.
The Concord Conservatory of Music, a private, non-profit community music school, was founded in 2005 by an entrepreneurial group of citizens and music instructors who wanted to bring excellence in musical instruction to the Concord area and surrounding communities. The school currently has over 400 students enrolled, and serves children from 6 mos. to senior adults, offering private lessons and group classes. Recitals, workshops, and public performances are scheduled often throughout the year. The school is located in West Concord.
Please send resume, letter, names of three references and phone numbers to:
Kate Yoder, Executive Director, The Concord Conservatory of Music, PO Box 1258, Concord, MA 01742. kyoder@ConcordConservatory.org
Applications will not be considered without all required materials.